Saturday, July 27, 2013

Clone




On this photo I had a lot of work to do.  Unfortunately the grit and dirt on the SLR's lens is just getting worse and worse. While I was in Arizona with family, every single outdoor photo looks this terrible... Luckily I have developed some editing skills. See if you can spot all my edits. 
 No spots, no tag on Alexis's dress, and I look skinnier.






So, with this one I used the clone tool to blot out my eyes. I then used desaturate to turn the picture black and white. After than I used bucket fill to add the strange coloring lines around my face, on my lips, around my eyes and on the sheet behind me. I played with it until I got something I liked. I then used the smudge, paint, and clone tool to smooth out my hair and skin. My goal was to get myself to look like a chalk drawing or a digital painting. After I just added one of my quotes and gave the word layer a Gaussian blur so it would blend and seem like it belonged there.


2 comments:

  1. Your first cloning example is a perfect photo for the clone tool, and what it was meant to be used for, removing dust, blemishes, and the like. I think this is the best example of a practical use for the tool I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It took forever... I pulled the photo up to edit then realized how bad it was, then went for it anyway. Total nightmare... All my photos from that trip look like this. Heartbreaking... So much tripod work down the drain. While it's enjoyable to fix photos, it is time consuming,especially when you took hundreds...

      Tried everything besides taking the camera in for a professional cleaning. Doesn't show too bad in low light photos but my landscapes are a mess...

      Delete